UPS offers domestic and international shipping services by land and air to more than 220 countries. To offer this shipping method to your customers you must first open an account with UPS Webtools.
To properly configure UPS, you will need a UPS Username, Password, and Access Key.
You need to go to UPS Developer Kit page (https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US&WT.svl=SubNav), register, login, and request an access key.
- In your Control Panel, go to Set-up > Shipping.
- If UPS is not shown, click on Add Shipping Method, choose the UPS box, and click Click the Add Shipping Methods bar that appears at the bottom of your page.
- Click on Set-Up next to the UPS section to view your configuration settings.
- Change Enabled for Checkout to Yes.
- Enter the following UPS Webtools credentials:
- Access License Number
- Set Mode to “Live” to send data to the UPS shipping system over a secure connection. (Development mode does not send data)
- Set Order of Shipment to the region where the shipment originates.
- User ID
- If you have special rates with UPS, set Enabled Negotiated Rates to Yes.
- Complete the remaining fields as follows:
- In the Title field, type the name of this shipping option as it will appear in checkout. By default, this field is set to “United Parcel Service.”
- In the Container field, specify the typical packaging type that is used for shipment.
- If you have negotiated rates with UPS, type the six-digit Shipper Number assigned to you by UPS.
- Set Weight Unit to the system you use to measure product weight.
- Set Destination Type to one of the following:
- Residential: Most shipments are business to consumer (B2C)
- Commercial: Most shipments are business to business (B2B)
- Set Pickup Method.
- Set Minimum Package Weight and Maximum Package Weight.
Fixed: Calculates shipping based on a fixed rate
Percent: Calculates shipping based on a percentage of the order amount
- Set Handling Applied per order or per package (one order can have multiple packages)
- In the Allowed Methods lists, select each UPS method offered to your customers. The methods appear under UPS during checkout.
- Set Free Method to the UPS service you want to use for offers of free shipping. Then, set the Free Shipping with Minimum Order Amount to one of the following:
- Enable: Offers free shipping based on a minimum order. You will also need to enter the Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping. This should be a number without any currency symbol (such as 500) as your base currency will be used.
- Disable: Does not offer free shipping based on a minimum order.
- In the Displayed Error Message box, type the message customers see if UPS shipping becomes unavailable.
- Set Ship to Applicable Countries.
- To create a log file with details of UPS shipments made from your store, set Debug to Yes.
Set Show Method if Not Applicable.
In the Sort Order field, type a numerical value to determine the order in which UPS appears when listed with other shipping methods during checkout. The number with the highest priority is 0, which puts it at the top of the list.
- Click the Save button to save your settings.
We highly recommend placing a few test orders to confirm the shipping configurations meet your requirements for a shopping experience.
To switch on Negotiated Rates you must be authenticated on the UPS site. This can be done manually by ringing UPS, or via the My UPS, under ‘Maintain Your UPS Account’.