- The total size of of the CSV file cannot exceed 110MB
- If you use a Mac, you may need to save the CSV as CSV (Windows) file- your Zoey store will not be able to read the file otherwise.
Check your CSV file for empty spaces, typos, wrong capitalization, or special characters in the rows or columns returning an error message.
The system is space and case sensitive!
Once you are alerted the import was successful, Flush Cache and Re-Index and view your newly updated Product List.
- If your spreadsheet defines categories for your products, those categories must be created within Zoey before uploading your CSV file!
- HTML in your CSV will often return an error or simply skip the product! For CSV imports, use plain text.
- The same is of Smart quotes and apostrophes. If you use smart quotes (the ones that curve in) " rather than the regular or plain text ' (straight up and down) the link will be skipped.
You can learn more about these here.
- If you are importing data tied to default Config settings (for example default settings for Backorders), make sure you also update the value in the related column telling to no longer use default Config settings. Otherwise your updated value will not take effect.
- If you are importing descriptions for multiple store views you will need two rows per SKU: One for the default description, the other one for the translated description.
- Before assigning attributes to products via CSV files, you will need to create those attributes and attribute values first.
- SKU does not exist: The SKU either has a typo, not matching the SKU in your Product List or it was already deleted.
- Invalid SKU Type: The product type cannot be imported (bundle and grouped products).
- Category doesn't exist: Typo in the file or the category is not yet created
- Invalid Attribute: Attribute does not exist in Products > Attributes
- Invalid Value for Attribute: The attribute value has either a typo or does not exist yet.
Updated 9 months ago