This page and subsequent articles are intended for use by registered Zoey Agency and Developer Partners.
Note: Zoey Customer Service can not support custom development work
The Zoey VDE utilizes design blocks called Components for building pages (called "layouts"). Components can be built by a developer with access to a development environment. Building components require knowledge of HTML (Handlebars), CSS (SASS), and JSON/XML for configuration building.
You can not build layouts with bootstrap, but you can build components with any open-source asset or library.
Within the VDE our Asset Manager allows you to upload and edit CSS, JS or HTML files to be referenced on any page.
Here are our recommendations:
- You can add any CSS for styling and decoration but avoid properties for positioning. Do not use: Position, Margin or Float.
- (#pix-fe) is our front-end CSS namespace. You must use this for all added styles.
- Media queries are different in Zoey. We use a parent class: media-d, media-t, media-m, and classes can be combined: media-dt or media-tm.
- We still have protoype js on our front-end so any reference to $ will be calling prototype
- We are natively running jQuery as well so you don't need to add it
- We give you access to add HTML to the Body Start (just below the head) and Body End (just above the footer).
Yes, within the Asset Manager you can upload font files. The file needs to be .woff. The corresponding font will be accessible in the Theme Fonts & Colors tool for assigning to global classes.
Zoey is currently working on a developer SDK (called developers.zoey.com) that will provide tools for converting Magento Apps.
Updated about 1 month ago