- Enable Net Terms for specific Accounts
- Specify a Term of Net 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120 or Net%XNetY
- Set a Credit Limit for unpaid orders using Net Terms
- View Net Terms Accounts and Net Term orders in their own Tabs in the Admin
- Print a Statement PDF
- Customers can view the status of their Net Term accounts and print orders
- Orders can be paid for manually via check, cash, wire transfer and the Zoey Admin can then mark the Order as Paid by creating an Invoice for the Order. Or customers may pay via Credit Card or ACH by setting up Billing Automation.
- Net Terms Orders can be disabled when there are past due Orders.
In Accounts > Accounts List select an Account > Edit > Net Terms > Enabled = Yes.
Then in the Edit Net Terms tab, specify the Term, Credit Limit and Term Details. You may also disable Net Terms when orders are past due.
The term (i.e. Net30) is the amount of time the Account will have to pay the order before it is marked as Past Due.
Enter Term Days (i.e. 30), Discount Within days (i.e. 10), Discount Amount % (i.e. 2), and the Late Fee % (i.e. 3)
The combined amount of unpaid orders this Account may have before they are blocked from placing further orders using Net Terms.
Insert text to display to the customer in the Checkout and on Order Email/PDFs.
Use the following Variables to display specific information to the customer:
- [store_name] - Name of your store from Setup > Site Configuration
- [term_name] - Term setting (i.e. "Net30")
- [term_period] - Number of days from Term setting (i.e. "30")
- [store_phone] - Phone number from Setup > Site Configuration
- [customer_name] - Full name of the customer.
- [account_name] - Account name if checkout is associated with the account.
- [account_location_name] - Account Location name if checkout is associated with the account location.
[store_name] has offered you payment terms of [term_name]. Payment is due within [term_period] days for this order, after-which interest may be due. Invoices may be paid via Check, Wire Transfer, Cash or Credit Card by calling customer support at [store_phone].
- Select 'Yes' to disable Net Terms Orders when there are past due Orders.
- The 'Default' can be set within Web Settings > Customer Settings > Net Terms.
The Accounts List has a Net Terms tab that will show all Accounts with Net Terms enabled. The Net Terms tab can not be edited or deleted. You will see the columns for the Account's Term, Credit Limit, Unpaid Balance, Account Status (Good Standing or Past Due), and the next (or past-due) Payment Due date.
You can also add the Net Terms columns to any tab using the columns menu and searching for Terms, Limit, Balance, Status and Payment Due.
Within the Account Edit Screen's, Sales tab, manage their Orders placed using Net Terms. Using the three vertical dots and bulk actions you can View the Order, Print the Order or Export to a CSV.
Print a Statement PDF
Account Edit > Net Terms select Open and Past Due Orders. Using Bulk Actions you can Print the Statement PDF.
If the customer has Net Terms enabled, when checking out they will have the Net Terms payment method appear. It will show them their agreed Terms, Available Credit and the Term Details set in the Customer Edit > Net Terms settings. The Terms and Term Details will also be shown on Order Success, in the Order Emails and PDF files.
When the customer is logged in, they'll be able to see the same Net Terms overview as the Admin in their My Account Dashboard. They can view/print orders.
The Orders List has a Net Terms tab that will show all Orders paid with Net Terms. The Net Terms tab can not be edited or deleted. You will see the columns for the Order's Terms, Unpaid Balance, Term Status (Paid, Open or Past Due), and the Payment Due date. Past-Due Orders will be highlighted Red.
Collecting Payment for Open/Past Due Orders
When an Order is placed using Net Terms, the customer may pay "offline" either with Cash, Check, Wire Transfer, or any other method that is done outside of Zoey. The Zoey Admin will then need to mark the order as Paid by clicking the "Invoice" button on the Order. Or you may set up Billing Automation to send bills to be paid online via Credit Card or ACH.
You can also add the Net Terms columns to any tab using the columns menu and searching for Terms, Balance, Term Status and Payment Due.
You can apply or edit Net Term settings on the customer account using the below CSV template:
- email - Required - this field tells the import which customer to apply the settings to
- net_terms_enabled - Yes or No
- net_term - Values include: net10, net25, net20, net30, net45, net60, net90, net120, and net_xy
- net_term_credit - This is the Credit Limit value. Can be formatted
- net_term_details - This is the Term Detail text displayed in the Checkout
- account_net_term_xy_days - This is the term length, i.e. 30.
- account_net_term_xy_discount_days - This is the number of days to pay within to receive a discount, i.e. 10.
- account_net_term_xy_discount_amount - This is the discount percent for early payment.
Updated about 1 month ago