The Shipping and Tracking # importer allows you to export a file with "shippable" orders and use it as a template to create shipments and import tracking numbers.
- Export a file with "shippable" orders
- Import Shipments & Tracking Numbers for orders/items
- Ship orders partially (Ship only certain items from an order and not others)
- Ability to allow/deny ability to ship items that have not been invoiced (payment captured)
- Already imported orders/items will not be shipped again
- Supports partial shipments - only shipped SKUs/Quantities get shipped
- Once all items of an order have been shipped, the order status changes to "Complete"
- "Pending" orders will have order status changed to Processing after shipments are imported.
- Supports multiple tracking numbers per shipment and import
- Groups items into shipments by tracking number
- Specify whether or not to notify customer about shipment, including their tracking numbers
- Add comments to the shipment
- Specify if comment should be included in the customer email
Choose File to upload
Click Upload File
Click Test File
- If no errors are found, you will get a button "Import"
You can click to export all Shippable Orders.
A Shippable Order is any order that can be shipped. This will exclude any orders that are canceled, complete, or processing where all items have already been shipped.
You can also choose individual orders to export. Select the option from the Export dropdown and check-off which orders you would like to export. Then at the bottom of the list, click the "Export Orders" button.
The order export will give you a "Full" template for the import. Some columns are not required but added to the export to make it easier to read.
The template will have 1 row for each product within each order. If an order has multiple items (products) it will need multiple rows in the CSV.
The columns included in the export are below:
The order number for the item to be shipped. There will be 1 row for each item in the order. This structure must be kept for the import.
Order Shipping Method
Shipping method selected by the customer for this order.
This column is simply in the spreadsheet for reference.
This is the unique ID assigned to the item in the order. It is not the product ID or the SKU. this field is essential for correctly generating the shipment.
Name of the product purchased
This is the status of the item in the order:
The SKU of the product in the order.
Item Qty Ordered
The quantity of an item that has been ordered.
Item Qty Invoiced
The quantity of the item ordered that has been Invoiced.
Item Qty Shipped
The quantity of the item ordered that has been shipped already.
Qty to Ship
The quantity of the item ordered that you want to ship - Required for generating the shipment. The value here can not be greater than the Item Qty Ordered subtracted by the Item Shipped values.
The “Carrier”. Options Below. - Required when adding a tracking number. Optional when NOT adding a tracking number:
A title added to the tracking information (i.e. Standard Shipping - 5-7 days)
The carrier tracking number for that item that will be added to the shipment record. Multiple items can have the same Tracking number. See “Shipment Generation” documentation below about how Shipments for individual orders will be grouped by matching tracking numbers.
Comments that can be added to the shipment. Comments by default will be public and emailed to the customer if the Email Customer field is set to 1.
1 or 0 for Yes or No. This will trigger the configured New Shipment Email Template to be sent.
Include Comments In Email
1 or 0 for Yes or No. This will include imported comments if the email is specified to be sent.
Note: Non-shippable items will not be included in the Export.
This includes Virtual, Downloadable and Gift Card Products.
Once the CSV has been updated with values for the additional 7 fields, you will be able to upload the file in Import & Export > Shipments
Shipments will be generated for items grouped by Tracking Number.
- Example #1: if 2 items the same order have the same Tracking Number entered into the CSV, the import will generate 1 shipment record for that order which will contain the 2 items and 1 Tracking Number.
- Example #2: If a single order has multiple items, each with their own unique tracking numbers entered into the CSV, the import will generate a unique shipment record for that order for each of the items. In this case the customer can receive multiple emails if “Email Customer” is set to “1” in the CSV for all item rows.
- Through the import, one shipment can not have multiple tracking numbers.
- By default, items that have not been invoiced, or have invoices that are not marked with the status “paid” will not be able to be shipped. This is to protect the administrator from shipping items they have not captured payment for. There will be a setting that will allow the merchant to override this check.
- Tracking numbers can not be added to items that have already been shipped. It will simply skip that row in the CSV and continue.
- If the import includes item quantities that have already been shipped, the shipment for those items will not be created.
By default, you will be restricted from importing shipments for items that have not been Invoiced (payment captured). This setting can be changed in:
Import > Shipments > Importer Settings
Comments from each row will be aggregated and put onto the Shipment record of its associated Tracking Number. These are not Order comments, but Shipping record comments. They will be emailed to the customer in the New Shipment Email template if “Email Customer” is set to “1” in the CSV for all item rows with comments.
Emails will be sent for the Shipment and Invoice if both are specified to be created in the CSV (“Qty to Ship” and “Qty to Invoice”). Only one email will be sent per record generated according to the rules in the Shipment Generation and Invoice Generation documentation above. If “Email Customer” is set to “1” (yes) for 1 row, but set to “0” (no) for another, and both rows will be aggregated into a single Invoice or Shipment record, the Email WILL be sent.
Order Statuses will follow the general rules for Pending - Processing - Complete.
- If the order has no invoices or shipments, the Order Status will be “Pending”.
- If the Order is partially invoiced or shipped by the import, the Status will change to “Processing”.
- If the Order is fully Invoiced or Shipped by the import (but not both), the Order Status will change to “Processing”.
- If the Order is fully Invoiced and Shipped by the import, the Order Status will be changed to “Complete”.
Note: this does not take into account any custom order statuses created by the administrator.
Updated 3 months ago