Located in Customers > Attributes
By default you will see DOB, Gender and Suffix Attributes for managing. You can click to add a new attribute.
NOTE: Customer Attributes are different from [Order Attributes](doc:order-attributes)
Customer Attributes are specific to the customer or specific to the customer's business that may be required or helpful for registration as a customer. Order Attributes are information specific to the order being placed. A customer may enter different information into an Order Attribute for each Order Placed. Customer Attribute information mostly remains constant.
Click the Create New Attribute button to add a new attribute
Select from the following options:
- Text (single line field for short text)
- WYSIWYG (multi-line field for longer text)
- Multiselect (Set options in the "Values" section after saving)
- DropDown (Set options in the "Values" section after saving)
- File (gives the user the ability to upload a file)
This group of setting determines where the attribute form field will appear, and where it will be required.
- Use for Search in the Customer Grid - When enabled, the value of this attribute wil be searchable within the Customers > Customer List page.
- Required for All Forms - This will make the attribute field required on all 'Forms' below
- Customer Create / Edit / View Form (Admin) - This will show the attribute field in the control panel when manually creating a customer. You can specify required yes/no
- Customer Registration Form (Store Frontend) - This will show the attribute field on
/customer/account/createwhere a customer can register for an account. You can specify required yes/no
- Edit Customer Form (Store Frontend) - This will show the attribute field in the My Account section for the customer when they click to edit account details. You can specify required yes/no
- Checkout Registration Form - This will show the attribute field in the Checkout when "Register and Checkout" is selected. You can specify required yes/no
- Order Creation Form (Admin) - This will show the attribute field when creating an order from within the admin. You can specify required yes/no
- Restricted Customer Group Form (B2B) - This will show the attribute field on
/r/registration. You can specify required yes/no
- Order & Customer Export CSV / REST API - You can specify required yes/no
After saving a new Drop-Down or Multiselect Attribtue you will be able to add "Values" or options available for selection where the form is presented to the user.
To add B2B customer attributes to your email templates you need to follow this variable format:
For example if your customer attribute is "company_name" the variable is: