By default, Zoey supplies two basic Roles that may be edited:
- Account Admin: The Account Admin has full permissions for the Location they are assigned to. This means they will be able to view all Quotes and Orders for their Location as well as Approve any Quotes that require approval.
- Restricted Buyer: The Restricted Buyer can only see their own Quotes. They are not allowed to place orders. They are further restricted in that any Quotes they submit will require Approval from the Location Account Admin user before they can be converted to an Order.
The default permissions can be edited by clicking on a Role and using the Role Edit screen.
Role information is very basic:
- Label: A Name for the Role
- Description: A place where you can put in notes about why you created this role. This is for 'internal' use only.
Role Permissions allow you to configure the Permissions and "Conditions" that are unique to this Role.
- The Permissions are the 'check-box' settings. They configure what a user is allowed to see, or do.
- A Condition allows you to set-up a reason why an Order may not be placed by this user, or why a Quote will require approval before it may be converted to an order.
If a Role's Conditions require "Approval" before the quote may be converted to an order, this is what will happen:
- First the user will submit the quote. If the conditions require approval, an email will be sent to the Location/Company Manager (or those with the Role Permission: Allowed to Approve Quotes)
The Quote will also tell the user that it requires Approval from
For the Customer with permissions to approve quotes, the other user's Quote will be visible in My Account > My Quotes with an orange bar and a message that the quote requires approval.
In the Admin, any quote that requires approval will also be highlighted with an orange bar and a message: This quote needs approval.
Lastly, the Quote can be approved by clicking the "Approve Quote" button at the top or bottom of the page.
Once approved, the user who submitted the quote will receive an email and be able to click "Convert To Order".
By A, Company Managers and users with the Admin role will have the ability to add addresses to the Account's locations during checkout. For Restricted Buyers and other custom roles, you can grant permission to Add Addresses In Checkout by enabling the associated setting in the Role Permissions.
Updated over 1 year ago