Cost of the Google Shopping Feed
The Google Shopping Feed is free for some plans and has an additional cost for others. Please review your account to see if the feature is included. See more details here: zoey.com/pricing.
This guide assumes that you already have a Google Merchant Account set up, and your Zoey Store is set up with minimum catalog data like products and categories.
If you're just starting out with Google Shopping, you should follow the steps in the Getting Started article. Otherwise, if you are looking for details on a specific configuration, use the below Table Of Contents to find the appropriate information.
All links and more are located on the left side in the Table of Contents.
Categorize Products in the Feed
Setting up Tax and Shipping
Testing & Generating the Feed
Submitting your feed to Google
Running AdWords Shopping Campaigns
- Products are being processed and identified as apparel for any of the google supported target countries:
- en-US, en-GB, en-AU, es-ES, it-IT, nl-NL, pt-BR, cs-CZ, de-DE, fr-FR, ja-JP, ru-R U, da-DK, no-NO, pl-PL, sv-SE, tr-TR
- Apparels are identified as products under Apparels & Accessories google category. The App allows setting google categories against Zoey categories using a set of rules, making it easier to match products as apparels.
- This app allows appropriate information for apparels, like: size, color, age_grop, gender, etc. Those feed columns can have multi-attribute source, so that for example, size column is filled with shirt_size attribute for shirts, and shoe_size attribute for shoes.
Real-time microdata item updates
Implements google Automatic Item Updates feature by adding hidden microdata on your products pages to keep your products up to date during the day. Useful for regular promotions and special offers, or low-stock items that sell fast.
Supports all product types
Complex product types like configurable, grouped and bundles can be set to output as single line items in the feed or detailed items, or both.
The feed file is auto-generated nightly
The feed will run each night at 1am.
Versatile column definitions
- The feed can be configured differently by store view, having a different feed file for each one of them.
- Comes with predefined columns map, to meet the basic feed requirements, and starting from it, you can add / remove columns depending on the products you sell.
- Supports cascading map rules. When products are missing data in any of the column you can define replace empty rules to add layers of mappings so that your feed never misses data.
- Feed columns can be mapped to any attribute in your catalog, but also to a set of directives which bring special logic in collecting product data.
Only the data you want
- The feed can be set to filter the catalog so that you only export the products you want.
- This can be done by: product type, product category, attribute sets, out of stock, and missing product data (empty columns).
- Supports find and replace rules which are applied at the feed output to replace any bad column values with correct ones.
- Has built in data validation for bad products and duplicates, to assure that only quality data has been included in the feed, or products can optionally be skipped. We will let you include them as well if you plan to do some feed post processing elsewhere.
- You get the chance to test and troubleshoot single products before generating the full feed.
Tracking and campaigns
Has customizable tracking information added to product URLs so that you can track your feed campaigns with analytics. Allows you to categorize your product by price buckets, to helps better manage your feed items through your campaigns. Supports custom labels to hold data which may help manage your campaigns.